1 John 4:16

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

Monday, August 1, 2011

Psalm 37:3-5

Reflections of a Froggie - These reflections will come up in my blog at times. They are from my intimate heart directed toward God, considering His works in my life and my reaction to that work, be it accepting or resisting, rejoicing or sorrowing. In the end, He always has a plan, and in the end, He's in control, not me (though I like to pretend that I am at times...)
  
Through writing, my thoughts and feelings become much clearer to me. I am not an eloquent person orally, and when I don't write, I tend to bottle up my emotions. Sometimes this has no significance, but if I find myself dwelling on pessimistic, negative and/or untrue thoughts they will eventually cause me to explode in uncontrolled emotion the result of which is carnage and disaster... yes, it's not so pretty...

My hope is that through this process of honest expression I will be able to process better and more healthily what He is doing in my life from a perspective of truth and that my relationship with the Lord will grow. And, that you, yes, you, will help to challenge me and keep me accountable. 

Trust in the LORD and do good;
     Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. 

Delight yourself in the LORD;
     And He will give you the desires of your heart. 

Commit your way to the LORD,
     Trust also in Him, and He will do it.


As I walk this life, though I face challenge and dryness or joy and fullness may I grow in faithfulness, delight in the Lord alone and trust Him to lead me in the way that I should go.

No comments: