1 John 4:16

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

Monday, August 1, 2011

Froggie Reflections

It's been a tough time recently and a tough day today. It seems that we make plans, but we aren't at all in power of seeing them come to fruition. That can be a cause for sorrow and depression. It's hard when you feel stuck and out of control at the whim of... well, at the whim of... that's right, it's no whim, we're under God's mercy. Isn't He the one who began this life of ours? Isn't He the One who called us to Himself? Isn't He the One who brought us to this place? 


I was just reading the quote on our blog again, I'd forgotten it:
No man ever sank under the burden of the day. It is when tomorrow's burden is added to the burden of today that the weight is more than a man can bear. Never load yourself so. If you find yourself so loaded, at least remember this: it is your own doing, not God's. He begs you to leave the future to him, and mind the present.


No wonder I'd been feeling so heavy. Perhaps I need to change my prayers from "God, change this!", "God, help!", "God, what are you doing?!?!?" and "God, get me out of this mess!" to, "God, help me to live patiently within the grace that you've provided me for this moment". 


It's one thing to realize intellectually, another completely to put in your heart and live out in your life especially when, in the course of these few lines, the situation hasn't changed... or has it? 

No comments: