1 John 4:16

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Neighbors think I'm crazy...

I've gotten into the habit of meowing to one of our bushes when we come home from work :) That's right! What's that? It's not just the neighbors? You think I'm crazy too?!!!! 
Well, hey! What would you say if the bush meowed back? 
Ah, Ha! Got you there didn't I? :D 

When Italians go on vacation for a month or two in August they often don't know what to do with their pets. Hence, many of them are kicked out onto the street to fend for themselves. Little "Panna&Salvia" as we named her (see below) decided that our garden was as safe a haven as any since she found herself disowned. Panna&Salvia stands for "Cream&Sage". This name came because at first she didn't trust us much and liked to hide in our sage bush :) She didn't come out and make friends until I offered her a saucer of heavy cream! Girl after my own heart. For the record, she completely turned her nose up at "plain milk" only panna will do. 

So, I meow at our bushes when I come home because if she's around she'll meow back and come out for a nice good petting. She's a sweet one! I still worry that she's not street wise enough to make it on her own poor little one... but she's not the worst tradgedy of the summer. One of my friends saved a kitten who had been tied up in a plastic garbage bag alive and thrown out with the trash. I can't believe people can be so cruel! 
Here's Panna eating her cream

Mmmmm! That's good stuff! 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

She looks so sweet! You & Z should keep her...