1 John 4:16

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

Saturday, March 12, 2011

What to do with a husband who vacuums at midnight???

Now, Z and I don't divide "domestic chores" we just kinda pitch in wherever we can whenever we can. Sure, since I have a little more free time, I do end up tackling more of the housework, but for the most part we keep the home dirt at bay together... or we slack off together. 


Recently, with life and work being busy, we've been laying of the dust on the home front - or perhaps I should say, we've been doing projects that actually contribute to the growth of the dust on the home front! 


On Tuesdays, I get the afternoon off, and so this past Tuesday, after teaching an infant CPR course, I tackled the dust in the bedroom and kitchen - it had gotten BAD and so it took me until around 9pm to wrap it all up... i wasn't keeping track of the time, so it was only after I stepped out of the shower that I noticed how late it was! Wow! I'd been expecting Z to be home a while ago... Hmmmm... 


And then I heard the rattle of the door... I zipped down the stairs to find Z unloading a large box! I love boxes! And lo and behold, guess what came out? A new vacuum cleaner? ! ? ! :D 


"Well, I noticed the dust piling up and thought it would be MUCH easier if we had a vacuum dedicated to the upstairs and one dedicated to the downstairs" - oh my wonderful Z! And that's when I was glad I'd rolled up my sleeves, because if he felt the dust buildup was worthy of a second vacuum, yes, it was BAD. 


Meet our new vacuum - dedicated to the upstairs :) 
Vacuum style - get plugged in! 
You vacuum like this Amore...
Attention! Ready, aim...
FIRE!!!
Ahem, my cord unraveled a bit on that one...
You see how easy! 
Ahiii... my back...
So, when Z and the new vacuum came home, we had dinner at around 10pm and then... Z and the vacuum "played" until past midnight! I was laying in bed trying to be an example of restfulness and subtly (or not so subtly) pointing out that I'd just cleaned and vacuumed our bedroom :) 

No comments: