1 John 4:16

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The first Lawn Mow of the Year!

Last Sunday it was sunny and 18 degrees! (that's about 65 for you Fahrenheit folks) Of course I took advantage and spent the day in the garden getting ready for SPRING!!! I can't wait for Spring to come!!!! 


I snipped and planted, uprooted and clipped, raked and trimmed and yes, I did the first lawn mow of the year! 


Here are a few of our first blossoms coming out :) 


The Valentine's Primula's I planted by our water pump and drain
Our first Giacinta :)
Our little daffys 
Daffys are such happy flowers! 
The only casualty was one of my fingers. You see, we didn't had any gardening gloves, but I wanted to go ahead anyways. And, I clipped the tip of one of my fingers - OUCH! It bled a lot. But a little duct-tape and I carried right along :) 


Zeno knows my propensity to injure myself with sharp objects. Too bad I wasn't wearing the special "cut resistant" glove he got me for working in the kitchen:


It can be R or L handed :)
Ok, so if they exist, I can't possible be the only accident prone wife out there...  Right Jared? 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I LOVE reading your blog, Manda! It makes me feel just a tad bit closer to you and Z and Italy. I am going to miss BBQ's and friends in your beautiful home and backyard.

And, just so you know. This wifey...has some type of accident in the kitchen every time I cook. I can't seem to walk down my stairs without falling and I only have 18...imagine if I had 63!!!

Miss you!!!