1 John 4:16

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Watch out! The traffic light is turned off...

I wish I could have taken a picture...


Driving in to work this morning and I came to an intersection at which there seemed to be some confusion. I noted a parked police car but no policemen and then an exclamation point sign together with a yellow rectangular sign: "Attenzione! Semaforo Spento" = "Watch out! The Traffic Light is out"


Indeed it was! It was a largish intersection and we were left to fend for ourselves... Ok, you can't say they didn't warn us, but I would have at least expected a traffic cop. 


You've got to love Italian indications. Here are a few choice specimens


Here we have the "be careful" sign = "Attenzione!" or as I like to say, "Be Excited!"



This one reminds you not to get struck by lightening - very thoughtful warnings




This is placed in an area prone to flooding. The danger sign says it all...



This one is ESSENTIAL for most Italian ladies



Directional indications. They are so helpful! 


One of my favorites - beware of your car exploding!


Telling you how you can take a L turn :)


Remember, don't fall, it could hurt you



Yes, these are actually permanent signs in Italy. "There will be traffic! We're aware of it. It looks like this... So STOP HONKING YOUR HORN!"

And the best reminder to travelers - "Don't crash into each other! It could be hazardous to your health"

There's another sign we pass on the way to work, "Attenzione! NucleoRadiomobile"
For the longest time I thought it was warning of a particularly dangerous vehicle that had to transit that area having to do with some kind of RadioNuclear waste or something... Actually, come to think of it. I learned it has nothing to do with nuclear anything, but I can't remember right now what it is for... I'll have to ask Z :) 









1 comment:

bella utahan said...

This post made me giggle! So many funny signs here!!