1 John 4:16

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gettin' Old!

There was a time when I could abuse my body and not suffer a bit from it... no more.  Remember that 14km I ran when I was barely convalescent from the flu? Well, it seems I pulled an intercostal muscle - one of the low ones on the side that wraps around to the back. It was a bit tender, nothing more, until...


I decided to go running again this past Sunday. Instead of 14 I thought to tame it down and just do 7 - enough to warm up all my muscles and help that little pinched intercostal get back in its place. 


No such luck. 


By Sunday evening I was writhing on the floor - laughing with tears in my eyes because it hurt so bad it would make me collapse to the floor! But it happend so spontaneously and uncontrollably that I found it funny even though it HURT! Worst of it was that laughing made it hurt even worse! And that made me laugh more... 
Wonderful Zeno, he massaged my muscles and got me heat packs. Now I'm back to just a "tender" situation, no writhing and suddenly collapsing :) 


Note to self: from here on out it's best to train. Those shocks to the system aren't so easily recovered from.

No comments: