1 John 4:16

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Painting Everything Whipped-Cream!

I’ve been working on freshening up one of our kitchen hutches for a good 6 months now.  It was taking so long because I could only get to it after work and then it required me to sand down the layers and layers of old paint. Honestly, it was painted with thick layers of pink paint and after sanding it down I had pink dust EVERYWHERE! It nearly made me go insane… because of that I completely lost heart in my project for a while.
However, I got back to it around the turn of the year and began painting and painting. It took care and each door had 16 windows that needed to be taped over and then scraped with a blade after every coat of paint. Long work. Well, with the long part done, I finally reached the point where I could paint the colors – lavender, sage and warm beige.  It started coming really nice! And when I hung the doors back on and put the shiny new knobs in place – Wow! What a splendid  result! 











I was so overcome with enthusiasm that without consulting Z, I began sanding and painting all the rest of the “ugly” furniture in our kitchen!!!! Yahoo!

Here you see the results :) !









On top of this fantastic victory Zeno finished the walls in our notorious kitchen hallway! They are now lovely blue/gold and yellow. So warm and inviting :) 






























What a huge sense of fulfillment it is to see home projects come together. 

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Is that your new door, too? I LOVE all of the projects. Miss coming over to see the guys all covered in "project dust". LOL Someday I will be back to see it completed! I can't wait.

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.