1 John 4:16

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dancing! Dancing! Dancing!

1. Praise the LORD! Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty expanse.

2. Praise Him for His mighty deeds; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness.

3.Praise Him with trumpet sound; Praise Him with harp and lyre.

4. Praise Him with timbrel and dancing; Praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe.

5. Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with resounding cymbals.

6. Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!

Psalm 150

Recently, my good friend Shelagh and I have been learning individually and together what it means to “Rejoice in the Lord always!” (Phil. 4:4) and to “Praise His name forever” (Ps. 72:19).

There is no other meaning to the words “always” and “forever” than always and forever! This means on the days when you awake to the dawn with health in your body and joy in your heart just as on the days when you awake with a headache and dread for what the day might hold. This lesson goes right along with another lesson I’ve been learning which is that: it’s not all about me… now, I’d like to think it is sometimes! But truly, it’s all about God. Our lives are made to be a fragrance of praise and worship to and for the glory of God!

Praise Him with dancing! Say’s Psalm 150. What a beautiful way to praise the Lord with your life! I discovered this for the first time when I had the opportunity to have a dancing lesson from Elise at a the Milan Women’s Retreat this past April. Dancing felt so free and beautiful! (Granted, we didn’t have mirrors to watch ourselves, so we tried to copy Elise and imagined that we looked as lovely and graceful as her. In reality, I think it was likely closer to what my little brother Jesse once said when he came in to watch my three sisters and I following a Pilates DVD. “You guys look really silly” he said…).

Inspired by all of these various lessons along with the message that was the emphasis of our April retreat: Living Life to the Fullest; I have been looking into taking classical dancing lessons! We'll see, if I’m able to find a good school, lessons will begin this October. I’m quite excited to see what the Lord will do!


Let me introduce my dear friend Shelagh!
You probably notice that we're both wearing crowns. That's because we're sisters in Christ and daughters of the King of Kings! Shelagh is originally from South Africa and God brought our lives together here in Italy. Shelagh is the first close friend God brought into my life here in Italy and through the lessons God has taught us in the past and the ones He is teaching us now in the present, we have had a very unique opportunity to both challenge and encourage each other. Right now, Shelagh is going through a huge challenge as she walks through cancer and accompanying therapy. Her life testifies daily that though her challenge in these days is sometimes bigger than she can handle, it's not too difficult for God upon whom she depends for all her strength and hope. It will be a huge blessing to have you praying along with us as Shelagh continues through this time.

No comments: