1 John 4:16

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Pronomi e Particelle







"It's a dangerous thing to walk out your front door..."
Well said, by one of Tolkien's foremost protagonists in The Lord of the Rings. Zeno and I have found this to be quite true! Especially here in Italy... and with a 14-year-old car who has a mind of her own much of the time. However, with my courageous and adventurous Amore in the lead, we venture off into danger quite often!

I'm glad we did so yesterday. We've been aching for spring to arrive, and with the sunny days of late we couldn't help but take our first opportunity to jump on our bikes and head for the Ticino river! It was lovely and much needed. We've both been recovering from severe head colds (poor Zeno is in the midst of his) and I think a bit of fresh air and cardio work set our immune systems in action. Much more so than sitting behind a desk, burying the head in Economics, or figuring out the whatnots and wherefores of Italian Pronouns and Participles (Pronomi e Particelle). Though, as we're working on acquiring a good balance between work and play, I know we'd both agree that there's a great satisfaction in tackling a goal. And for Zeno, finishing up his Economic studies is a huge goal, while for me, the Italian Language often seems more like a Mt. Everest... or maybe I should say the Monte Bianco since it's the highest mountain in Italy (you might know it by its French name: the Mont Blanc).

More than anything, the Lord used our time together to provide us with both physical and spiritual exercise. Our personal perspectives can be so constrained! Yet, the Lord offers us the opportunity on a daily basis to see ourselves and our lives from His perspective. Such a vision can be vast and overwhelming, even hard to comprehend many times; but if we are humble and patient, He is standing by with spectacles of His grace and binoculars of His wisdom so that with His help, we can begin to fathom and become excited about His design for our lives. Just as He opens our eyes to behold the wonders of His creation!
And now, back to those Pronomi e Particelle! Tomorrow I have homework to turn in...

Psalm 28: 6-7

Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry for mercy.
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

No comments: