1 John 4:16

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

Friday, February 15, 2008

Buon San Valentino!













Sometimes, I can't help but feel the luckiest in the world... That's how I feel about being Zeno's wife And then, on top of that, add the fact that specific calendar day's give husbands complete liberty to follow every loving impulse that springs into their heart, and then, not only does Zeno have me convinced that I'm the luckiest, he also convinces me that I am completely spoiled!!! And, you know, when it comes right down to it, I must confess that I am!

Yesterday, before we headed off to work, we shared a quick breakfast and cup of coffee together. Since it's my short day, I came out of work right when Zeno was headed for lunch! Perfect timing. We had lunch together in a cute tiny cafe and even had the chance to walk to a special chocolate store around the corner and pick out some especially succulent options, Mmmmmmmmmmm Yummy! Almost as sweet as a kiss ( =

In the afternoon, Zeno headed back to the desk, while I dashed home to work on a little surprise for later... Shhhhhhhh! I finished just in time to make it to Italian lesson - Whew! Good news in Italian, the results from our surprise 2 hour test last Monday: I passed by 0.8 points! Hooray! or as I like to say in Italian, "Urlare!". I must admit, I wasn't sure how I'd done since I'd joined the class 1/2 way through and only had one class before the test. I thought I'd done pretty well on the "Whale Story", I was supposed to put the story back in it's correct order, but, it turns out I had the coast guard arrive too early! So, my poor little whale had to sit around stuck in the shallow inlets for longer than I'd wanted it to. But it was rescued in the end! Just goes to show, all the Italian flying around me must actually be penetrating my stubborn gray matter after all!

From Italian class, I dashed off to meet Zeno for a concert! We had a great time ( = They were playing Beethoven and Haydn. We got a kick out of the brass section, it was made of only two middle aged men, both endowed with a substantial waistline. They would elbow each other and have a little chat while they were awaiting their turn to play, or, if there wasn't anything interesting to chat about and none of the other orchestra members were worthy of heckling, they would sit arms crossed on top of their abundant tummies.... It was HILLARIOUS! Then, on a side note, doesn't it always strike you amusing to see a big, round, built man cradle a tiny little violin under his chin? Hmmm, I was thinking he and the petite little bass player should swap instruments during the intermission... it seemed she was having trouble seeing around her instrument to read the music!

Ah, so it was a treat both for the eyes and the ears. Add to that, during the long melodic sections, Zeno's shoulder was the perfect place to relax my head and thoroughly enjoy the passage. It was a delightful evening. And then, SUPRISE! upon arrival home there was a fabulous bouquet awaiting me! And Zeno's surprise? He was all smiles while looking at the collage of pictures I'd assembled into frames to add around our house... In his pictures he got six roses too! And not just any roses, New Zealand roses. Ahhhhh, how romantic! And with that, we waltzed off together into dream land...
Until our next adventure! We send out love!

No comments: