1 John 4:16

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Snowborading Bombardino

Monday was a holiday and we had the chance to go skiing for the first time this year!!! Actually, it was Zeno on skis and I was on a board. The snow was so fun, and we had great rentals so it was FANTASTIC! I felt like I must be a blur as I flew down the mountain – such exhilaration!!!!

At the end of the day, you know, when your muscles are all sore (at least ours were since we haven’t been hitting the gym and it was our first time on the mountain), we stopped together with the rest of our group and had a special Mountain drink to warm us up. I’d set my eyes on it the year before and asked Z,
“What is that!?!?? It looks fantastic – like warm custard in a cup topped with a tremendous dollop of whipped cream. YUM!”


I ended up putting off the experience until now because I was told it was a mountain drink intended to warm you up – because it’s hot and has a bit of Rum. I felt I wanted to ‘earn’ it first. Well, Monday I felt I’d earned it I was so pleased with our day on the snow and it was all that was expected: yummy, warm, and powerful. Perfect end to a great day of boarding.

No comments: