1 John 4:16

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

Sunday, April 13, 2008

An Enchanting Day










It's been cold and raining, raining, raining this week! It's been a good week to lay low and catch up on some much needed rest. And, the garden has been delighted by the long refreshing drink. The rain has washed the sidewalks clean and turned the otherwise normal walks near our house into enchanting fairy walks!!! Friday, even though I was exhausted, I had the chance in the afternoon to venture out with the princess-blue umbrella Zeno got for me and my camera. Walking home from Bible study I'd been so captured by the beauty and peace the rain brought that I couldn't miss the opportunity to capture it through my camera lens.




I also tip-toed through our garden to capture some of the colors residing there - yellow, purple, pink, deep rose... The rain brought out the colors so vibrantly! I'm so thankful God is such an imaginative creator. Imagine if He'd decided to create the world only in black and white... or sepia!?!!? What would we do without violet! Ah, let's not think on it.






The fallen cherry blossoms showered the cars too making them reminiscent of wedding-get-away vehicles. Hmmmm, now that's a good idea to keep in mind for the next time I get to help decorate the couples' honeymoon ride.

And then, here's the view walking back to our house. Completely blanketed by the magic of spring. And, if you look at the houses on the end, you'll notice the "bent" house... they always remind Zeno and I of when Mom and Dad came to visit. Mom remember the name of the piazza at the entrance of our neighborhood and didn't know how to describe it otherwise than to referred to it as the place where the "bent" houses are ( =


All in all, a perfectly enchanting day! Wouldn't you agree?

No comments: